South Carolina @ No. 19 Tennessee
Feb. 17, 2021 – 9:00 p.m. ET
Thompon-Boling Arena – Knoxville, TN
The South Carolina Gamecocks (5-9, 3-7 SEC) travel to Knoxville for an SEC matchup with Rick Barnes’ No. 19 Tennessee Volunteers (14-5, 7-5 SEC) on Wednesday.
The Gamecocks leader in assists and their leader in rebounds, Jermaine Couisnard and Justin Minaya respectively, will not travel to Knoxville for Wednesday’s game.
How to Watch
Odds and Statistics
According to Fanduel Sportsbook, Tennessee is currently an 12-point favorite in this showdown.
The over/under is also set at 143.5.
For this game and more bets to choose from, visit Sportsbook.Fanduel.com. Use promo code “BLITZ” when registering.
The Vols have an 88.1 percent chance to win this game according to ESPN’s Basketball Power Index.
The Vols are 43-26 all-time against South Carolina, with the Vols having won four out of the last five matchups against the Gamecocks. The home team has also won four out of the last five matchups.
- Tennessee 61 @ South Carolina 63 – 2/15/2020
- South Carolina 55 @ Tennessee 56 – 1/11/2020
- South Carolina 73 @ No. 1 Tennessee 85 – 2/13/2019
- No. 1 Tennessee 92 @ South Carolina 70 – 1/29/2019
- South Carolina 67 @ No. 18 Tennessee 70 – 2/13/2018
- Points: Jaden Springer – 12.2 PPG, 51.4 FG%, 75 FT%
- Assists: Santiago Vescovi – 3.2 APG, 2.1 TOPG, 29.0 MPG
- Rebounds: Josiah-Jordan James – 6.0 RPG, 4.1 DRPG, 1.9 ORPG
- Points: AJ Lawson – 17.9 PPG, 42.7 FG%, 66.7 FT%
- Assists: No 1. Jermaine Couisnard (OUT)- No. 2 Seventh Woods – 1.9 APG, 2.4 TOPG, 19.9 MPG
- Rebounds: No. 1 Justin Minaya (OUT)- No. 2 Wildens Leveque – 5.3 RPG, 2.9 DRPG, 2.4 ORPG
After going 1-1 last week, the Vols desperately need to bounce back in their final few games to gain a little bit of lost momentum heading into tournament play.
South Carolina presents the best opportunity for the Vols to get back on track the quickest. While the Vols have shown inconsistencies, especially with their veteran stars in John Fulkerson and Yves Pons, this should still be a game that Tennessee can handle their opponent in.
South Carolina will be missing two of their top players who combine for 17.8 points per game. While the Vols still could be out players themselves from the positive COVID test from a Tier I personnel member, Tennessee should still be able to find a true advantage with their small-ball lineup tonight, and find the win.
Tennessee 81, South Carolina 65
Edit at 4:30 p.m. ET: Fanduel odds for South Carolina/Tennessee were changed from -11.5 to -12 to accurately represent the change from the Fanduel Sportsbook.