Welcome to Fanrun Fantasy, the most complete fantasy football recap/preview on the internet. If you want to win, you’re in the right place. Throughout this season, we’ll recap the top scorers, the biggest disappointments, and project the biggest “booms” for the upcoming week.
Fanrun Fantasy Week 1 Top Performers
- Russell Wilson – 31.78pts @ATL
- Aaron Rodgers – 30.76pts @MIN
- Josh Allen – 28.18pts vs. NYJ
- Josh Jacobs – 35.9pts @CAR
- Christian McCaffrey – 28.4pts vs. LV
- Ezekiel Elliot – 27.7pts @ LAR
- Devante Adams – 41.6pts @MIN
- Calvin Ridley – 33.9pts vs. SEA
- Adam Thielen – 31.0pts vs. GB
- Dallas Goedert – 24.1pts @WSH
- Mark Andrews – 22.8pts vs. CLE
- Travis Kelce – 17.0pts vs HOU
- New Orleans Saints – 17.0pts vs. TB
- Washington Football Team – 17.0pts vs. PHI
- Baltimore Ravens – 12.0pts vs. CLE
- Mason Crosby – 12.0pts @MIN
- Joey Slye – 12.0pts vs. LV
- Josh Lambo – 12.0pts vs IND
Biggest Week 1 Disappointments
These players far underperformed their week 1 projections despite not being injured.
- Micheal Thomas – The New Orleans WR managed only 4.7pts this week against the Tampa Bay defense. Thomas was projected to accrue 20.3pts against the weak Buccaneers defense but was pretty clamped up all Sunday afternoon before injuring his ankle late in the 4th quarter.
- James Conner – The Pittsburgh RB was tabbed for 16.2pts, but only managed 3.7pts against the Giants in the MNF bout.
- Christian Kirk – The Arizona WR was projected to be the Cardinals #2 WR behind DeAndre Hopkins, but only managed 1 point on 1 catch for 0 yards. Kirk was projected to have 10.8pts.
Biggest Week 1 Surprises
- Darius Slayton – The New York Giant hauled in 6 receptions for 102 yards and 2 TDs on Monday Night for an astounding 28.2pts. This output was nearly 20 points higher than his 9.3 point projection.
- Nyheim Hines – The Colts RB was a PPR beast on Sunday as he grabbed 8 receptions for 45 yards and a touchdown. Hines also added a rushing touchdown for a total of 27.3pts, which blew away his 9.1 point projection.
- Malcolm Brown – The Rams RB carried the ball 18 times for 79 yards and 2 TDs. The veteran tailback far outperformed his 5.8 point projection as he tallied 26.0pts.
Week 2 Big Booms
- Raheem Mostert – The 49ers RB had a big Week 1 vs. Arizona with 25.1pts. Expect this production to continue versus a weak Jets front-7 in Week 2.
- Michael Thomas – The Saints premier WR had an off game against the Bucs, but expect him to turn it around (if he’s healthy) against the Las Vegas Raiders, who gave up 25.5 to Robbie Anderson on Sunday.
- Saquon Barkley – The Steelers bottled up the Giants’ bell-cow RB on MNF due to a strong Pittsburgh D-Line. Expect Barkley to reach paydirt at least once this week against a weaker Bear D-Line.
Week 2 Big Busts
- Kyler Murray – The sophomore Arizona signal-caller had a great showing against the 49ers in week 1. The Washington Football Team’s D-Line will have something to say about that this week after wrecking havoc on Carson Wentz last week. Expect Chase Young and Ryan Kerrigan to keep Murray hemmed-in this week.
- Gardner Minshew – The Jags QB had a field day against an over-hyped Indianapolis Colts squad. However, his week 2 matchup against the Tennessee Titans will not be a favorable, fade Minshew if possible.
- Cam Newton – Scam Newton’s coming-out party was a positive one as the new-look Patriots handled the insufferable Dolphins. After rushing the ball 15 times in week 1, expect Newton to take a step back against a stanch Seahawks defense led by Jamal Adams.
That’s the end of the first edition of Fanrun Fantasy. Check back on Tuesday’s at 9 am ET for the next edition.