Welcome to the Fanrun Bracket Breakdown. This is your official source for Bracketology leading up to Selection Sunday. This creation comes to you courtesy of web director Billy Williford and Hayden Wallen of Talk Sports.
Our goal is to update this bracket periodically through Selection Sunday.
Without further ado, let’s dive into our March 12th bracket!
If you want to view our March 11th bracket, click here.
Fanrun Bracket Breakdown Seed List Grid
- Tennessee moves up to a 5-seed with Texas Tech falling to a 6-seed. The Red Raiders have a 4-9 record against Quadrant 1 opponents. Even as the Vols moved up a seed-line, they still can’t escape the West Virginia Mountaineers as they have now moved down to a 4-seed.
- The bubble has remained reasonably stable as most bubble teams can’t get out of their own way. Xavier, St. John’s, Syracuse, Louisville, Michigan St., UCLA, and Boise St. have all lost this week.
- This morning’s news of Virginia being removed from the ACC Tournament will springboard Georgia Tech into the ACC Title Game and they will play the winner of UNC and Florida St. This will likely sow-up Tech’s spot in the field of 68.
- Oklahoma St.’s comeback win over West Virginia gains them the Mountaineers’ spot on the 3-line as they’ve knocked off WVU two times in the past two weeks.
- Villanova falls to a 5-seed following their upset loss to the Georgetown Hoyas. The Wildcats looked like a completely different team yesterday as they played without their star guard Collin Gillespie, who tore his MCL last week.
- Tonight’s matchup between Colorado St. and Utah St. could very much be a loser leaves town matchup when it comes to NCAA Tournament viability.
- Boise St. and Xavier need major help if they want any shot at an at-large bid.